It has been an exceptionally busy fall as I prepare to launch a new website early in 2015, which includes an online TV channel full of inspirational content.
The new not-for-profit, created in response to the Arctic seabed bombing, is now official! We got our incorporation papers just before Christmas. Our mission is to “work to support a healthy environment and healthy people so that we have a healthy world.”
We now have a placeholder page in place at parvati.org. We are building it out behind the scenes right now! Please go there to sign the petitions, if you have not done so already. Also sign up to get notified when the full site goes live and of actions you can take in support.
If you would like to help stop seismic bombing in the Arctic Ocean now, please email me at [email protected] Specifically we are looking for those who can research the companies involved and those who can support marketing the campaigns. Our strategy is peacefully economic, rather than political. We wish to show the oil companies that consumers will not support seismic testing. This is why we need to know the companies involved that deal with the public. For more about this, please email me.
In light of this recent call to action to protect our oceans, I am reminded of how preciously interconnected we are with nature. I wrote a meditation, printed in this month’s Parvati Magazine, that I share here.
MEDITATION: YOU ARE THE WORLD
Our true nature is oneness with Nature. Aspects of our psyche that interfere with our true nature and our fullest health also interfere with the total health of our planet. We are literally interconnected in the seen realms through our biochemistry. We are literally interconnected through the unseen realms through thoughts, energy and intention.
As we move into the fullness of our being and release our attachments to the places within that keep us small, we allow our magnificence to shine. In so doing, we celebrate who we are and our oneness with this glorious planet, that supports us unconditionally.
Here is a meditation practice to help increase your awareness of this interconnection:
Sit quietly upright, in a place you feel safe being completely yourself. If you sit cross-legged on the floor, support your seat and legs with pillows as needed so that you feel comfortable. If you are on a chair, sit free from the back of the chair and rest your feet evenly along the ground.
Close your eyes. Begin following your breath. Notice the inhalations and exhalations move through your body. Watch your lungs rise and fall, the feeling of the air moving. If you have a mantra, breathe it through your body. Invite the breath/mantra into every cell of your being. Allow the energy of the breath and the power of the mantra to fill up every cell of your being. Do this for sometime, as though your being were inhaling/drinking the spiritual energy you are feeding it. Be in a place of relaxed receptivity, not effort. As your body/being willingly receives, allow the nourishment to take root.
1) Bring your attention to your root energy centre, through your sit bones and pelvic floor. Imagine, sense or visualize that this area is part of the Earth upon which you sit. Sense or visualize that your pelvic floor is made of moist earth, dark, thick and vital. From this earth sprouts life, like fresh, green grasses. Sense the earth and alive grasses within you. Feel the vitality in your pelvic floor. Feel the connection to the Earth.
2) From this foundation, notice flowers sprout from the soil with joy, ease and openness. Notice the colours and fragrances. Fill your sacrum with this fresh vitality, joy and ease.
3) Watch this vital energy rise above the tops of the flowers, through your solar plexus, so that you see within you the trunks of trees, their strength, their vibrant, green leaves and how they rustle in the wind. Allow the solar plexus to feel fresh, alive and vibrant while maintaining your sense of rootedness in the Earth.
4) Notice the tops of the trees, how they dance into the sky. Feel the freedom of the sky through your heart, the light, the expanse, the possibility. Feel this through your heart with joy, ease and delight.
5) Above the sky is the dark night, where stars shine. In the twinkle of their light, there is wisdom, an eternal truth, beyond the ego/mind. Feel this light amidst the dark, starry dance like timeless wisdom through your throat area. Feel the effortless expansion there and simply be.
6) Still rooted in the thick, moist soil through your pelvic floor, notice above the stars, in their blackened sky, the realm of permanent light, not subject to the changes of day and night, but that simply is. This field of pure consciousness flows through all. Feel this light open your mind through the third eye area in the centre of your head, where thoughts dissolve into expansive beingness. Be with this light of possibility.
7) While anchored in the thick, vibrant Earth, notice the top of your head, your crown area and how, through it all, is oneness, interconnection. Be with this oneness for sometime, while being aware of your seat. Stay in your body.
In this fullness, watch your whole body/being be the entire universe, everything that is. You are the world. Your body is like a mountain, still, vast, eternal, rooted in the soil and open to the heavens. Feel the timelessness of your being in the perfection of the now. Allow every cell to resonate in the eternal truths of your infinite being. Rest in the fullness of who you are.
After some time, bring movement slowly back to your body. Take a few long breaths and open your eyes.
How did you feel doing this meditation? I always love hearing from you. Please share your experiences below.
If you would like more inspiration, enjoy the special January double issue of Parvati Magazine, created by volunteers especially for you!
And please don’t forget to go to parvati.org and show your support to stop seismic testing. Spread the word!